If you’ve lost teeth, you may think foods like crisp apples and juicy steak are permanently off the table. But with dental implants in Tigard, you can eat anything you want! Implants are embedded in your jaw. So when replacement teeth are attached to them, they give you a bite almost as secure and strong as before.Doctor Gregory Williams on Dental Implants Read Transcript
It used to be that if you were missing a tooth, that was the end of it, you're missing a tooth. But today, with dental advances, you can replace those teeth with dental implants. Now, dental implants are not teeth, but it's the next best thing, and definitely the best thing compared to having no tooth or no teeth. And so, at dental implant dentistry, we're able to recreate people's smiles and bites to where they have sometimes even better confidence in their smile or in their chewing ability than they even had with their own tooth. If you're missing a single tooth or many teeth, come and see us because we can develop a plan to restore your teeth using dental implants in a way that will rebuild your confidence in your ability to chew and to smile.
In addition to chewing strength, implants give you:
- Improved Dental Health – Implants function much like natural tooth roots. They stimulate your jaw when you chew to keep it healthy. You won’t experience the bone loss that occurs with other replacement teeth.
- The Ability to Replace Any Number of Teeth – From a single tooth to a full-mouth reconstruction, Dr. Williams can replace any number of teeth with implants.
- A More Youthful Appearance – When you lose bone mass in your jaw, it affects your facial structure. Your face will sag and make you look older than you are. You’ll look younger with implants since they preserve your bone.
- Easy Oral Hygiene – In most cases, you’ll care for your smile by brushing and flossing your teeth like you always have.
- More Confidence – Even with adhesive, conventional dentures can slip out of place – often at the most inconvenient times. When attached to implants, replacement teeth won’t slip or shift.
To see if teeth implants will work for your smile, call Gregory A. Williams, DMD at 503-210-9802 to schedule a free new patient consultation.
Enjoy the Convenience of Working With One Implant Dentist
Some dentists send you to an oral surgeon to have your implants placed in your jaw. After the implants heal, a process that can take several months, you’re ready to have replacement teeth attached to them. While many dentists perform the second part of the procedure, relatively few dentists place implants too.
Dr. Williams, a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and a Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, does it all. You’ll receive your entire dental implant procedure in one place, with no need to visit an unfamiliar specialist. He uses the latest technology, creating a computer-generated 3D model of your mouth for the most precise implant placement.
If necessary, Dr. Williams can perform oral surgery procedures that strengthen your jaw and prepare it for implants:
- Bone Grafts
- Ridge Augmentation
- Sinus Lifts
Choose From Many Dental Implant Treatments
With his advanced training and expertise, Dr. Williams performs many kinds of implant dentistry:
- Implant-Supported Crowns – A dental crown attached to an implant replaces a single tooth.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – An implant bridge fills a gap left by several missing teeth. Unlike a conventional bridge, we won’t need to drill into any of your other teeth.
- Dental Implant Dentures – You can choose dentures that you’ll remove regularly from implants for cleaning or dentures that remain fixed in place.
- All-on-4® and All-on-6 – Using a special technique that involves tilting implants, Dr. Williams attaches a complete arch of fixed replacement teeth to as few as four implants. This procedure is easier on your jaw than other kinds of full-mouth reconstructions since it uses only a few implants.
- Same-Day Smile – You may be able to receive your implants and replacement teeth in a single appointment.
For dental implants in Tigard, call Gregory A. Williams, DMD at 503-210-9802. You can also request an appointment using our convenient online form. Remember, implant consultations are free for new patients!