Cavities are a common dental problem. At Gregory A. Williams, DMD, we use laser technology to find them when they are small – before they can even be seen by the naked eye. This means we can repair them with tooth fillings in Tigard rather than a larger and more costly restoration like a crown.Doctor Gregory Williams on tooth fillings Read Transcript
Fillings are a wonderful way to restore broken, decayed teeth. And so in this office, we don't use anything with mercury.
And so with our tooth-colored fillings, we can restore tooth structure that's been lost from erosion, from decay, from other wear processes, and we can put it back.
If you have any teeth or fillings that are failing, come and see us, and we can help you develop a game plan to replace your fillings in a much nicer, healthier, good-looking way.
Dental fillings will:
- Prevent decay from further damaging your tooth or affecting other teeth
- Allow you to chew and eat without discomfort
- Stop damage that can result in a larger dental restoration or even losing the tooth
If you think you may have a cavity, call us at 503-210-9802. Dr. Williams will examine you and determine whether you need a filling. If you’re in our membership club, you’ll enjoy a 20 percent discount on fillings.
Find the Right Dental Filling for the Job
Unlike some dental practices that offer only one kind of filling, we want you to have a choice. Many factors can affect the type of dental filling you’ll receive, including the location of your cavity. We’ll help you determine whether you should get:
- Composite Fillings – Since they are made of a tooth-colored material that blends in easily with the rest of your smile, these fillings are a good choice for a completely natural look. Dr. Williams also won’t have to remove as much dental structure for these fillings as he does for metal ones.
- Gold Fillings – Fillings made of gold are extremely durable. They work well in less visible areas that are under heavy chewing pressure, like your back teeth.
- Ceramic Fillings – A ceramic filling is the best of both worlds. This strong material is as durable as a gold filling with the cosmetic appeal of a composite. A well-placed ceramic filling will last for decades!
Neither composite fillings nor gold fillings contain mercury, so there’s no need to worry about any health concerns associated with them.
You May Need a Different Dental Restoration
Depending on the amount of decay and the overall condition of your tooth, Dr. Williams may recommend another restoration:
- Dental Crown – Since a crown covers your whole tooth, it’s the best choice for a tooth weakened by severe decay or other damage. This usually involves wearing a temporary crown while you wait at least a few days for an outside lab to make your restoration. With our E4D technology, we can make a crown for you in about an hour.
- Inlay or Onlay – These partial crowns work well for decay that is too extensive for a filling but not serious enough for a crown.
For tooth fillings in Tigard, call Gregory A. Williams, DMD at 503-210-9802.