- We host an annual dental clinic for Washington Co. youth
- Our nonprofit trains dentists around the world
- Dr. Williams founded Wide Open Humanitarian
Dr. Williams became a dentist because of his desire to help people improve their lives through healthy and attractive smiles. He does this not only by providing compassionate and comprehensive care to our patients but also through humanitarian work at home and abroad.Wide Open Humanitarian Trip to Guatemala
He hosts one of the largest dental clinics in Washington County, OR during the national Give Kids A Smile campaign every February. In the past, he has also traveled to remote areas of Guatemala, India, Honduras, and the islands of Samoa to provide dental care to underserved populations. He traveled to Peru with Southern Cross Humanitarian in 2005 and 2006.
In 2007, he and Dr. Scott Dyer co-founded Wide Open Humanitarian, Inc. The not-for-profit organization brings dental relief to the poorest of the poor throughout the world, instructs the dentists in these remote areas regarding practical techniques, and helps pave the way for future organizations to set up ongoing clinics.
The organization’s four main objectives are:
- To treat those who have geographic or financial barriers to dental treatment
- To instruct patients living in rural areas in proper oral hygiene practices
- Where possible, to work with local dentists by providing continuing education
- To motivate and inspire other dentists, dental students, and others in the joys and satisfaction of humanitarianism
Call 503-210-9802 for an appointment with your community-minded dentist.