In Tigard, dental crowns and bridges are often the best way to repair damaged smiles. Dr. Williams can use them to:Doctor Gregory Williams on dental crowns and onlays Read Transcript
Sometimes people come to see us, and their tooth has already had very large restorations, cracks in it, or has been significantly damaged. And so luckily today with dentistry, we have options that can put that tooth back together. Crowns and onlays are a wonderful way to reconstruct teeth that are severely damaged and rebuild them in a way that also protects them from future damage.
In the event that you come to our office and need some crowns or onlays, we're equipped to make most of our crowns and onlays in the same day. So today, with digital dentistry and using CAD/CAM protocols, we can fix a tooth, prepare the tooth, and using our digital protocols, make the tooth in our own office, and about an hour later, deliver the final crown to you. So crowns in a day, onlays in a day, really in an hour or two, have become the norm for this office. And it's one of the things that our patients really, really love.
- Make your smile look beautiful again
- Restore your oral function so you can chew your food in comfort
- Strengthen your teeth and protect them from further damage
- Fill gaps left by missing teeth
With our E4D system, you can get a beautiful ceramic crown in a single appointment! Call us today at 503-210-9802 for a one-day crown or a bridge. If you’ve broken a tooth or experienced a similar dental emergency, we’ll do our best to offer you an appointment on the same day.
You Won’t Need a Temporary Crown With Same-Day Technology
Your time is valuable, so we like to use technology that helps you make the most of it. While most dental practices outsource the production of crowns to an outside dental lab, we use an E4D system that enables us to design and make a beautiful ceramic crown for you in two hours or less. This offers many benefits:
- Precise Fit – Using the system’s CAD/CAM technology, Dr. Williams creates a digital model of your mouth to design your restoration. The result is a crown that fits perfectly. If any tweaks are needed, we can make them immediately.
- Less Alteration of Your Tooth – We won’t need to remove as much of your natural tooth structure for a digitally designed crown.
- No Need for a Temporary – You won’t spend several days wearing an ill-fitting temporary crown, worrying the whole time about displacing it.
- No Messy Putty – We won’t need to put any weird-tasting dental putty in your mouth to make dental impressions. The E4D system uses hassle-free digital impressions instead.
We can also provide porcelain crowns for those who prefer traditional dental restorations. If you need more repair than is possible with a filling but don’t need a full dental crown, you can receive an inlay or onlay. These restorations, often called partial crowns, cover more tooth surface than a filling but less than a crown.
Replace Missing Teeth With a Standard or Implant-Supported Bridge
A dental bridge can replace a single tooth or several missing teeth in a row. In the past, your only choice was to put dental crowns on the teeth surrounding your smile gap. Those crowns would be attached to the replacement teeth that fill in the gap. At our office, you now have the option of using dental implants to support your bridge. This avoids the need to drill into healthy teeth. Both traditional bridges and implant-supported bridges provide long-lasting teeth replacements.
For dental crowns and bridges in Tigard, call 503-210-9802 today.