Dental anxiety comes in many variations, from mild unease to crippling fear. At Gregory A. Williams, DMD, our team is committed to relieving dental anxiety in Tigard, whether it’s slight or significant. That’s because we never want you to skip the dental care you need to have a healthy and beautiful smile!Doctor Gregory Williams on relieving dental anxiety Read Transcript
At least half of the population of the United States has some degree of dental fear or dental anxiety. Let's face it, nobody likes to go to the dentist. So, what we do in this office is we have a variety of ways to try to help you be more comfortable and relaxed while you're having your dental work done, whether it's a warm blanket to wear, headphones so you don't have to hear the sounds, even earplugs, those kinds of things, dark glasses. We have some patients who that's not enough for, and so we have relaxing gas that they can breathe during their appointment. For our patients who are more anxious or have difficulty getting numb, we have the options in sedation. So, some of our patients are sedated orally. We have a board-certified anesthesiologist who comes into our office for those cases and patients who need to be completely asleep. So, we have every option available for our patients so that they can be comfortable and as relaxed as possible while we're working on them.
We keep you comfortable and stress-free by:
- Offering a wide range of services, from dental exams to dental implants, so you can receive all the smile care you need from a team you know and trust
- Giving you a warm and genuine welcome every time you visit our office
- Getting to know you so we understand your individual smile needs and concerns
- Taking time to answer all your questions and explain all your treatment options
- Using patient-friendly technology like our intraoral camera and digital X-rays
- Offering you a choice of three kinds of dental sedation if you need it
For a stress-free appointment with our caring team, call Gregory A. Williams, DMD at 503-210-9802.
Enjoy Our Relaxing Office Atmosphere
Our office is filled with comforting touches that will help you relax. Help yourself to a beverage from our refreshment bar while you wait. When you’re in our treatment chair, you can:
- Enjoy our HDTV
- Listen to music on an iPod
- Snuggle up with a blanket
- Make yourself comfortable with a neck pillow
Some of our patients feel less anxious if they can get their dental appointment out of the way early in the morning so they won’t spend any time fretting about it. This is especially easy to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays, when we open at 7 a.m.
You Don’t Need to Worry About Discomfort With Sedation
If there is any possibility of discomfort, we numb your mouth with local anesthesia. We use a topical gel first so you won’t feel a prick. Still, even with anesthesia, you may find it tough to relax for your treatment. If so, you can receive sedation. We offer three options:
- Inhaled Sedation – You’ll breathe in our lightest form of sedation through a small mask. It takes effect very quickly and wears off fast too, with no lingering grogginess. Even children can receive it.
- Oral Sedation – Taking a prescription pill offers a deeper level of relaxation.
- IV Sedation – For complex or lengthy procedures, you may want to choose IV sedation. You’ll experience a deep, dreamlike state of relaxation, and you probably won’t remember much about your procedure when it’s over.
Find Many No-Stress Payment Options
We know that payment can be stressful – but with our many payment options, it doesn’t have to be. We accept most traditional insurance plans. If you need help with out-of-pocket expenses, you can find low-interest or no-interest finance plans through our partner, CareCredit. A lack of insurance should never be a barrier to care – and it isn’t with our membership club. You make low monthly payments for routine care like exams and cleanings. Plus, you receive a 20 percent discount on most other services.