- Find relief from your toothache
- Stop oral infection from spreading
- Chew your food in comfort again
When infection gets inside your tooth, you have only two treatment options: extracting the tooth or removing the infection. The latter choice offers many advantages, which is why Dr. Williams performs root canals in Tigard.Doctor Gregory Williams on root canals Read Transcript
Doctor Gregory Williams on root canals
Occasionally people find themselves in the uncomfortable situation where a tooth hurts. Luckily with root canal procedures, we can often quickly take away the pain by removing the infected part of the tooth. We can help you keep your tooth but restored in a way that will work well, feel good, and still keep your tooth in your mouth.
In this practice, we focus on finding ways to help you be comfortable and restoring your teeth back to perfect health. If you find yourself in pain, come see us, and we can find the right procedures to comfortably and quickly get you back on track.
While root canal therapy has developed a negative reputation, the procedure is really nothing to fear. Dr. Williams and our compassionate team will ensure:
- Your treatment is effective and comfortable
- Your tooth is preserved and strengthened with a same-day dental crown
- Your mouth and the rest of your body are safe from the spread of infection
- You can resume normal activity without dental pain
End Dental Pain With Root Canal Therapy
Thanks to our advanced technology like 3D imaging and the skills of Dr. Williams, restorative dental care is simpler than ever. Root canal procedures are routine for our team, no more complicated than filling a cavity. Don’t believe the myth that root canal procedures are painful. They don’t cause pain, they relieve it! We’ll numb your mouth with local anesthesia, and you can also receive dental sedation if you’d like.
Your only other option for dealing with an infected tooth is removing it. In many cases, a root canal procedure is the better choice because:
- It preserves your tooth and its root
- It keeps your nearby teeth from shifting out of place
- It prevents the bone loss that occurs after tooth removal
- You’ll recover more quickly, with fewer special accommodations such as changing your diet
- You’ll avoid the expense of tooth replacement
Don’t Ignore Symptoms of an Infected Tooth
An infected tooth often, but not always, causes a painful toothache. Other signs your tooth may be infected include:
- Sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures
- Swelling or tenderness of gums
- A tooth that darkens
- A pimple on your gums
For comfortable root canals in Tigard, call 503-210-9802 now.